History of the Institute
Research around the Vehicle PowertrainCopyright: © RWTH Aachen | TME
The history of today’s Chair of Thermodynamics of Mobile Energy Conversion Systems traces back to the appointment of Hugo Junkers, who came to the Technical University Aachen in 1897. The historical summary on the origin of the institute and its evolution until present offers a detailed overview over the research focuses of the different times.
The exhibition - located in the TME foyer in Forckenbeckstraße 4 - is open to all interested visitors. The associated brochure is available for download.